Tuesday 8 May 2012

Benefits of breastfeeding for mum and baby


For all those pregnant ladies out there, considering which way to feed your baby, there are many benefits to breastfeed, bith for you and your baby. I am not trying to force you to make breastfeeding your only choice, merely giving you the facts, it is entirely your choice how you feed your baby, although I think most people will agree there are some great positives for breastfeeding.

Benefits to Breastfed Babies.

~ Better neurological development.
~Better jaw development.
~Straighter, healthier teeth.
~Protection against ear infections
~Protection against colds, chest infections and sore throats
~Prolongs natural immunity to mumps, measles, polio and other diseases.
~Lessens chance of eczema and other allergies
~ Lower risk of diabetes
~Helps prevent obesity
~ Protection against gastro-enteritis and tummy upsets


Benefits to mums who breastfeed.
~ Reduces the risk of breast cancer
~Reduces the risk of ovarian cancer
~Lower risk of hip fractures and low bone density
~Helps mother get her figure back quicker - it naturally uses up about 500 extra calories a day.
~ It saves money - formula feeding can cost as much as £45 per month.

I always said that my blog would not force it down anyone's throats, so I shall leave you with the list and you can make up your own mind, if you have any questions or queries, I would be more than happy to answer them, just drop me an email at breast4babies@yahoo.co.uk and I will give you any advice that you need, unless it is how to get more sleep because I am still working on that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment